A fire that all but destroyed the home and studio of a Tamaqua artist is officially ruled an accident.

Citizens Fire Company Assistant Chief Jason Hartz confirms to News 13 he and a state police fire marshal were on scene Friday at the former church and current home of artist Stephen Bennett to make the call.

He says flames broke out somewhere between the first floor ceiling and the second floor.

The fire was most likely caused by an electrical issue.

Hartz estimates about $150,000 worth of damage to the building but would not release an amount related to the belongings inside due to the rarity of Bennett's paintings and other artifacts.